ONE-LEVEL TINY HOUSE ON GABRIOLA ISLAND
If you’re looking for a one-level residence, guest house, granny suite or studio (with 2 storage lofts), consider this mostly-finished 26 ft x 8.5 ft Tiny House on Wheels (THOW) that can legally be transported on BC roads.
Gabriola is in the southern Gulf Islands of BC and has ferry and float plane connections to Nanaimo and Vancouver. It has been almost a year in building, but life plans have changed, so now it is up for sale.
Now that restrictions on auxiliary buildings and RVs as residences on the islands are no longer enforced due to the housing crisis, it’s a good time to invest in this practical solution to your own housing needs – whether as a primary residence, guest quarters, studio, or shop, or whatever you can imagine.
- 26 ft x 8.5 ft, 220 sq ft + 2 lofts
- Low maintenance Galvalume metal exterior walls and roof (Galvalume metal exterior walls, Tyvek buildiing wrap),
- 2″x6″ construction for roof and 2″x4″ for walls, built by Red Seal Carpenter Ryan McArthur in North Cowichan.
- Rock Wool insulation in roof and walls, plus moisture barrier, and finished honey-coloured Birch ply walls in open area and proposed bed/sitting area at one end of the building. Aquachek Gyprock on the walls in the proposed shower/laundry room at the other end of the building.
- Electrical work done to Code by licensed contractor from Nanaimo: 220V -100 Amp electrical panel, exterior junction box (and 10M of exterior grade TEC cable included). Stove plug for apt-size Frig installed, and 20 Amp plugs for microwave, toaster oven, as well as wiring for a baseboard heater in the open area.
- 7 ft 8 in x 5 ft proposed shower/laundry area is wired for a stacking W/D and is designed to include a 30” vanity (included), a toilet, and a 32-34″ square shower stall. There is space in the loft above to accommodate a space-saving electric hot water heater.
- 24″ x 12″ Superior Vinyl Plank flooriing with stone core throughout.
- To be done by buyer: Kitchen cabinets (10ft) and plumbing. Come and have a look at this gem of a tiny house on Gabriola that could be the answer to whatever you are looking for — a new, one-level home or additional live-work space on your property.