We have decided after much humming and hawing to sell our sweet tiny home.
We built it in Ontario in the Summer of 2020 and lived in it for a year, then moved it out to Nova Scotia, where it has become a guest house for friends and family and a bit of a glorified storage unit.
We had planned to move back into it and had started to do some work to make it a little more child friendly, but some new opportunities have arisen and our plans have changed.
We feel it’s time to have someone else enjoy living in it as much as we did!
It was built in the Summer of 2020, and it was a family affair.
My father (a certified carpenter) was the principle builder, with my partner and I working as labourers. My uncle, a seasoned renovator, did the electrical, plumbing, and propane. My dad stayed on to finish the shell and some of the interior, and I finished off the rest over time.
The trailer was custom built by Kangaroo Trailers in Hamilton, and the house was based loosely on the home plans by Andrew and Gabriella Morrison. We paid a lot of attention to making it strong and road worthy and using light materials where we could to keep the overall weight down.
Lots of windows gives it a spacious feel and creative use of repurposed materials adds a unique and fun character.
Some quick details…
– 28’ long, 8’6”wide, 13’6” tall. Road legal with an Ontario trailer plate, trailer has a VIN
– Weighs around 16,000lbs. Axles are rated for 21,000lbs
– 30 amp panel, plugs into a standard outlet with an adaptor, like an RV
– Propane range, propane hot water on demand (Precision Temp floor vented model)
– Standard bbq tank fittings, we used two 30 lb tanks and that worked great for us
– 2×4 walls and 2×6 ceiling insulated with Rockwool, floor is insulated with rigid pink foam board
– Cubic Mini wood stove
– Custom compost toilet w/urine diverter
– Small, simple shower
– All new energy star rated windows from AM Windows in SW Ontario
– Exterior is LP Smartside panels, painted every year
1 – The house all ready for its 2000 km trip out to Nova Scotia, Spring 2022
2 – looking towards the front (livingroom, bathroom, loft)
3 – from loft looking toward kitchen, bedroom loft
4 – custom couch, Cubic Mini wood stove
5 – bedroom (sheepskin rug not included)(unless you really want it)
6 – kitchen with newly (almost) finished staircase storage
7 – photo from Summer 2021, when we were living in it full time (lots of light for plants!)
8 – same, but from other angle
9 – bathroom facing low side, toilet, storage, apartment sized washing machine
10 – bathroom facing high side, sink/basin, shower
We are looking for $79,000 or best offer. The easier the buyer makes the process for us, the more flexible we can be with the price. Feel free to reach out with any questions or to book a showing, either in person or video call.
We’ll do our best to respond promptly, but we are working folks with an 18 month old, so bear with us if it takes a bit of time to get back to you! Also, we’ll work on editing the ad as we go to answer as many questions in here as we can.
Brad and Rhi
How do I get in touch with Brad and Rhi who have their tiny house for sale on your web site?